Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Sunset Beach

4/01/2007

Sunset Beach was the go yesterday afternoon. It was a very weird day, the morning started with rain and massive black clouds rolling in. The day looked more like winter then January.

The wind came in late afternoon, but the gusts were violent. I went out with my 4.7 and 81L board but I was soon wishing I had my smaller board on.

Waves were around head height but had a heap of chop on the faces. It was good to have waves again and it looks like the swell will hang arond for a few days.

Cyclone Isobel crossed the coast yesterday up north and was threatening to meet up with a cold front heading up from down south. It was going to turn into the STORM OF A GENERATION.

The forecast is looking good for the Mambo comp at Corros on the weekend, we have a great forecast of wind and 2.5m swell just classic Corros.

Can't wait.

No comments: