Thursday, January 4, 2007

Spot X Geraldton

5/01/2006

Today the wind was in early around 11.00am and we had a good swell firing on all the Geraldton Coast.

I got a call from a friend and the call was made to go to Spot X. Spot X is the worst secret spot in Geraldton and is under threat of being destroyed by a port to ship iron ore from. Go figure 1000km of empty coast line and they have to go and build a port here. Why something so special has to be destroyed for a port is beyond me.



We arrived early and the wind was strong but not fully filled in. The waves were around head height and a bit disorganised.

The day got better the longer it went on. By the end it was nuken.




I rigged my 4.7 and my 69L Goya. A classic combo just a wave shredding machine.


Their was only 1 car and 2 other people on the water when we got their.


The after workers started to role in after 5pm. It was still good and wind was not going to drop out.

No comments: